Sunday, November 27, 2005

Black Friday Report.

Yes. It's true. I participate in Black Friday. What can you do when the phone chirps at 5:00 a.m. and it's your fifteen-year-old niece saying "are you ready?" You simply must get up and join the family for the fun.

We're really laid-back shoppers. We met at Meijers and spent an hour checking things out. The big sales seemed to be the 27" televisions and $25.00 bicycles. We picked up a DVD/VCR combination unit for Mom (don't tell her) and some smaller gifts. SIL introduced me to silicone bakeware!! Honestly, I had no idea!! That's why I participate in these things, to get an education.

Then it was on to Sam's, where they had a continental breakfast that saved us having to stop at Mickey D's, then Target, and then Kohls. Again, this was for edumacation for me. I tend to shop at the same old places. It was my first time at Kohls. They have good stuff and good prices, but . . . their lines extended to the back of the store. They were doing the thing where for every $50 you purchased you received a $10 gift card. Funny how that works so much better than a discount, even though it is. We decided we didn't have time to wait, as SIL had to be to work at noon, so we headed over to K-Mart. Must have been a supposed to happen thing, because SIL saw one of her friends there that she hadn't seen in two years. The spirit of Christmas works in mysterious ways.

I was home by 1 and taking a nap by 1:30p.m.